The kickoff meeting for this study is October 18. See our calendar
This study of the initiative and referendum processes in California will include:
- A review of the current LWVC position on the Initiative and Referendum Process
- A history of initiative and referendum, with a focus on California
- How the initiative and referendum processes have changed and are changing
- Identification of key issues for California
- Ideas for change and reform of the initiative and referendum processes
- Use of the community education and outreach materials
Study materials will be available in spring/summer of 2012, and our consensus report will be due in March 2013.
Please contact us if you'd like to serve on our local study committee. You do not need to be a member to participate in our discussions; you do need to be a member to contribute to the consensus decisions. It is be a fun way to learn about the League and a great way for members to make a difference using their skills.